Monday, December 12, 2011

Fear

It was a dark and stormy night, and the weather forecasts for next two days did not look any better.  Damn, the precious weekend would be spoiled in vain. Yes, dear God what do you want me to do now, sit at home and crib about bad weather on FB/twitter?
The bus jerked and stopped, giving a halt to my thoughts. As soon as I got down from bus, the immediate challenge for me was to reach just few meters away home. How can that familiar terrain look like a graveyard? The side walk trees that used to provide shadow, appeared moving ghosts, waiting for me to stumble and they would swallow me. The eyes of neighbor’s dog that used to sparkle with joy seemed emitting fatal laser beams, which would cut thru human flesh.  As I reached home the always welcoming metal gate, made creepy sound. I unlocked the door, and sighed with relief. The only sound inside home (the safe heaven) was the wind creeping from slits of windows and doors. Exhausted, I curled up on sofa. But, suddenly there was bright light coming from distant, and I heard a faint voice; the voice grew louder aggressively and someone was shaking me vigorously. I tried to absorb the spoken word; it’s almost 11 in the noon… Saturday doesn’t mean you would sleep whole day… My eyes opened at once, and there was Mum, the anger on her face sent chills down to my spine.  I argued: Let me sleep Mum, I couldn’t sleep properly, I’d frightening dreams. Mum: Don’t you dare watch horror movies again; they put fear in your mind.
I couldn’t agree more; yes, fear is only in our minds.

PS: Something I wrote for a contest that I did not win ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment