Thursday, December 8, 2011

Winter

Give me back my winter!

Winter has always been the best time of year for me. I’ve never liked summer, and if I could skip anytime in the year it would be summer. Though in school days summer holidays were awaited eagerly, but the enjoyment would last for first week only, then it would start to bore me. Long days with no playing in sunlight policy and hot nights without any power.

With winter comes lots of eating; Mum’s winter snacks, Dry fruits ladoos, gajar ka halwa, mutter pulaoo are to name few. Sitting in sunlight, sleeping with blankets, thinking ten times before touching water, breathing out from mouth to see the vapor, the wish of never coming out of bed, and lots of holidays! Yes, my skin would crack, but it is better than sunburns. No noise pollution of fans/ACs. Hot-water showers. Foggy mornings, peaceful afternoons, cool evenings and chilled nights. But all this was only till I was home, when I relocated to Hyderabad winter was taken from me; all those beautiful sweaters could never come out of closet. And in blessed IT industry I won’t get a day off in December let alone winter holidays. Obviously our US/UK clients have their festivals so we need to cover up the double tasks. I hope Pune will show some winter-mercy on me.

Image source internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment