Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Little adventure

 **From my drafts

I’ve been looking forward for my Mum’s arrival to Pune, this is the first time she will be coming here. With all the enthusiasm I totally forgot that we have just enough mattresses for the current members only. My friend picked me up from office yesterday evening and we set out to buy a new mattress. One of the other flat mates of mine was on planned-sick leave yesterday, so we called her as well.

It was twilight and we were strolling thru various shops, arguing/bargaining. Finally we found a great one that other shops did not have and fixed the deal. (Usually all the shops have similar stuff you can pick from anyone, but girls you know ;) ) Happily I paid the amount, gave him the address of my place. There emerges a typical Indian business man, 200 Rs for transport.
I: It’s so near hardly 5 Kms, 200 is too much.
Seller: Nothing less than 200.
I was like what no free shipping on orders above 500? 200 bucks only for transport is too much for a girl like me, who would happily spend 375 on Kajal-liner, wait this is not the costliest one in the market… oh forget about that now.

Here we came up with brilliant idea of money saving, set out to our little adventure. (I know I know Guys do it all the times, but for us it was first time). Now let me tell you the dimension of our mattress, 3’x3’x1’ (Originally 3’x6’, but mighty seller folded it half and set it on my lap), weight 15 Kgs of cotton.  Imagine my hands stretched in Titanic pose, fill in with mattress. God, was it heavy. Bike starts *zeenhehe* and we are good to go.

It was almost dark when headed to our home. Everything was fine till we had to take a U turn; the rider could not see anything in her rear view mirrors but the mattress. Later she told me that she was shouting to check for vehicle while taking that daring turn. But at that moment all I could hear was that she is speaking something, I shouted back “I can’t hear anything”. So far so good, the rider’s worries were over, and then onwards we had a plain straight road.

I on the back side I was holding it with all the strength I had. The wind was pushing our mattress back along with me; literally I was on the edge. It’s not all, everyone else on the road was watching us with… let’s call it admiration; see those brave girls ;)  As soon as we made home, and dropped the consignment, we burst out laughing on our little adventure.  Yes, we made home safe. :)

PS: Mum postponed her trip for she would go to visit Nani (GrandMum) :(

1 comment:

  1. It was fun :D
    No places to visit in Pune, but there are plenty around it, Lonavla, Mahableshvar... and it is best in mansoon, so I;m just waiting for rains :)

    ReplyDelete