Tuesday, July 26, 2011

God

As a curious kid, I always asked Mom, who is God? How does he look? What does he eat? And what not. I don’t remember the answers she would have given to my endless queries about God, but my brain is still inked with my self-reasoning and explanations.

While I eat, I thought God would eat ten times bigger meal than mine in one bite, but does he eats? When I run , I wonder God will overrun me in just split of second, or fly, or just by thinking he would reach the place he wanted to go *poof*. When children born, I asked Mom who is the parents of God, she would say, God is alone. But I always reasoned someone might have created God, and God of God might have been created by someone, it was like never ending.

With age I started pushing my queries back and back in my mind. I stopped stressing my brain to imagine the figure of God. Being a Muslim, I believe that God is alone and no one created him, and there is no one like him. He is the creator of everything. And he is above all human needs.

Time by time those suppressed thoughts will jump to front and I will push them back again; *don’t think about it, don’t think about it…* It was all until the day, when I was having discussion on the same topic on our company’s forum, where I expressed my view as “God has not given our minds the capability to think about him”. Many folks argued as human mind is great, it can achieve anything by expanding its limits etc. One of my friends solved all my queries by quoting a simple example; “If you try to explain the mechanism of a machine to cockroach, its brain would never understand it”

Like I said, it's beyond our minds to argue the God!

1 comment: